17 Jul Dream Weekend With Fine Cuisine & Cocktails
Dream Entertainment recently launched the sixth staging of the most anticipated annual party series Smirnoff Dream Weekend at The Jamaica Pegasus hotel.
Smirnoff and Dream Entertainment provided the highest level of hospitality cuisine and cocktails made with Smirnoff’s two new flavours, Iced Cake and Fluffed Marshmallow.
At the launch, guests indulged in a wide selection of foods prepared by the culinary team at The Jamaica Pegasus hotel, headed by the very talented Mark Cole. Some of the offerings included a roast beef carving station with Cajun potatoes, a live pasta station, tamarind-flavoured sautéed chicken, guava BBQ wings, assorted canapés, fruit kebabs, an assortment of pastries and vegetarian options.
Smirnoff aims to always create memorable moments for consumers and, with this year’s line-up filled with high-energy entertainment, good food, good people and good music, patrons are sure to have an unforgettable experience.
Guava BBQ wings
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp salt
10 chicken wings
Oil for deep frying
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup hot sauce
1 dash ground black pepper
1 dash garlic powder
1. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt. Place chicken wings in a large non-porous glass dish or bowl and sprinkle flour mixture over them until they are evenly coated.
2. Cover dish or bowl and refrigerate for 60 to 90 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375F (190C). The oil should be just enough to cover wings entirely, an inch or so deep. Combine the butter, hot sauce, pepper and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir together and heat until butter is melted and mixture is well blended. Remove from heat and reserve for serving.
4. Fry coated wings in hot oil for 10 to 15 minutes, or until parts of wings begin to turn brown. Remove from heat, place wings in serving bowl, add hot sauce mixture and stir together. Serve.
The Guava BBQ sauce
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 clove minced garlic
8oz guava paste
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1tbsp tomato paste
2tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 cups water
1/4 tsp ground cumin
Salt and black pepper
1. In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and sautéed until onions become translucent.
2. Add garlic and cook for about a minute. Add the remaining ingredients.
3. Reduce heat to low and maintain a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half or to desired thickness. Pour over the wings.
Fluffed Marshmallow Dream
2oz Smirnoff Fluffed Marshmallow Flavoured Vodka
2oz orange juice
0.25oz fresh lime juice
Top off with club soda and garnish with a raspberry and two small marshmallows.
Original Article (Jamaica Gleaner) – Dream Weekend With Fine Cuisine & Cocktails